Things To Do: in & AROUND Orleans, CAPE COD
EVERYONE WILL LOVE
- Heritage Museum and Gardens: Old-time carousel, windmill, military garrison & spectacular grounds & gardens. Old-time carousel, auto museum housed in a reproduction shaker barn, windmill, military garrison housing miniatures historic American battle scenes as well as vintage firearms from the settlers era, to Daniel Boone's era, the Civil War and the Wild West. Spectacular grounds feature world-famous rhododendron gardens. Special areas also include daylily gardens, herb garden, a maze garden, hosta garden. Special outdoor events on the Parade Filed and concerts at the outdoor stage.
- Cape Cod Scenic Railroad: 2 hour narrated scenic rides and dinner-trains.
- Cape Cod National Seashore: National Parks Visitors Center with exhibits, lectures and guided marsh tours.
- Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch: See whales at sea up close. Exhilarating adventure.
- Harwich Junior Theatre: Quality live theater starring children to children, young people, and their families.
- Brewster Country Store: 150 year old General Store. Cape Cod books, gifts, candies
RIGHT NEAR TOWN
- Captians Golf Course: 18-hole public courses, of great critical acclaim. (Brewster)
- Cape Cod Baseball League: America's premiere amateur baseball league including the Orleans Firebirds.
- Goose Hummock Outdoor Adventures: Explore Cape Cod with the Goose Hummocks Outdoor Adventure Program. They offer kayaking lessons, kayak rentals, guided Cape Cod kayak tours.
- Birdwatcher's General Store: A delight for everyone whether you are into birding or not. Located across the street form the Orleans Inn. Clothes, ornaments, seed, books, equipment, art, collectibles, jokes, fun and Cape Cod charm.
- Orleans Academy of Performing Arts Theatre: Enjoy award winning Broadway productions and Theater.
- Orleans Art Galleries and Boutique Shops located within walking distance of the Inns front door.
- Cape Cod National Seashore: Writing about Cape Cod in the 1800s, Henry David Thoreau said, "A man may stand there and put all America behind him." Thoreau walked the length of the great Outer Beach. Modern visitors can trace Thoreau's route along 40 miles of pristine, sandy beach protected within Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Plymouth Plantations: Outdoor 17th-century living history recreation. Talk with costumed role players who portray the Pilgrims & Wampanoag Indians. Board the Mayflower II.
- Martha's Vineyard: Great place to shop, see & do.
- Nantucket: Cobbelstone streets are filled with boutiques, jewelry shops & Cape items.
- Monomoy Bird Refuge: This 8-mile long spit of sand off of Chatham. A Sanctuary for migratory birds & sea life.
- Cape Cod Rail-Trail: 26 Miles of Scenic Bike Trails throughout Cape Cod.
Orleans Beaches & Lakes
- Nauset Beach: Atlantic Ocean with miles of beach to walk and magnificant waves to play in & great a Clam Shack!!
- Skaket Beach: Bayside with extreme tide changes and beautiful Sunsets. Lowtide gives one the ability to walk out for miles, enjoy tidal pools and explore sea life; while hightide makes a refreshing swim for all.
- Rock Harbor: Bayside, with beautiful Cape Cod scenery and small beach area. Watch fishing charters come and go and bring in fresh Cape Cod Catch. Breathtaking Sunsets!!
- Crystal and Pligrim Lake: Refreshing fresh water ponds with small beach areas. Lifeguards at Pilgrim Lake!!
- Orleans Town Cove: Town Landing for boating and great for kayacking and paddle boarding.